Upsala City Council Briefs
Business that came before the Upsala City Council Monday included:
• Hearing about a request for bids through Scott Hedlund of Short Elliot Hendrickson (SEH) for an extension of the sewer line on the south side of town to a possible new townhouse development;
• Learning that a property maintenance code is being written;
• Hearing that fire hydrants will be flushed Thursday, Oct. 18 after 7 p.m.;
• Learning that the park shelter was leased out often over the summer. “It was the best summer in four or five years,” said Mayor Rollie Johnson;
• Hearing about a meeting between Hedlund and a contractor regarding a potential development on the south end of town. Cost-sharing was discussed as preliminary planning was established. No property has been sold and no formal agreement exists yet; and
• Learning that remediation of sewer line work was finished for Dale Welinski, including three yards of black dirt, sod, seed, fertilizer and landscaping repair for $940.
The next regularly scheduled Upsala City Council meeting will be Monday, Nov. 5 at 7 p.m. at City Hall.