On Wednesday the Swanville City Council:
• Reviewed the City’s insurance coverage in preparation of renewing its coverage. Insurance representative Julie Zupko explained the premium for the upcoming year is unknown at this time but should be available within the next month;
• Heard the needed roadwork on Spring Brook Road was completed;
• Duane Johnson, representing the Swanville Lions Club, was present to request funding for new carpeting and a new vacuum cleaner for the park building. The council approved the expenditure in the amount of approximately $5,000. The work is to be done after the new year;
• Adopted the Government Accounting Standards Boards (GASB 54) policy which describes fund balance reporting and governmental fund type definitions; and
• Heard the new city hall sign will soon have a light on it.
The next regular meeting of the Swanville City Council will be held Tuesday, Dec. 4, with a public hearing at 7:15 p.m. on the annexing of the school land.