Residents living in and around Melrose can be screened to reduce their risk of having a stroke or bone fracture. Melrose City Center will host Life Line Screening on Thursday, Feb. 4. The site is located at 225 First Street N.E. in Melrose.
Marijo and Wayne Thoreson of Forest Lake, attended a Life Line Screening and said, “If we hadn’t gone to the screening, we would never have known about the problem.”
Four key points every person needs to know:
• Stroke is the third leading cause of death and a leading cause of permanent disability
• Eighty percent of stroke victims had no apparent warning signs prior to their stroke
• Preventive ultrasound screenings can help you avoid a stroke
• Screenings are fast, noninvasive, painless, affordable and convenient
• Screenings identify potential cardiovascular conditions such as blocked arteries and irregular heart rhythm, abdominal aortic aneurysms, and hardening of the arteries in the legs, which is a strong predictor of heart disease. A bone density screening to assess osteoporosis risk is also offered and is appropriate for both men and women.
Packages start at $149. All five screenings take 60-90 minutes to complete. For more information regarding the screenings or to schedule an appointment, call 1-877-237-1287 or visit our website at www.lifelinescreening.com. Pre-registration is required.