Other business that came before the Upsala City Council Monday included:
• Extending congratulations to two Upsala wrestlers, the girls basketball team and the boys basketball team for their appearances in state tournaments. “We are very proud of them,” said Mayor Rollie Johnson. “They really put us on the map;”
• Approving a gambling permit for the Upsala Ballpark Association to conduct a raffle at the Upsala varsity field June 30;
• Accepting the donation of a 2003 Ford diesel rig from Wisconsin made by Gold Cross Ambulance. “Title still needs to be transferred to the city and license plates ordered,” said City Clerk/Treasurer Adrian Welle;
• Hearing that the rig will be painted and striped in time for the mock car crash at the high school on April 25. The work will cost approximately $3,500. Council Member Brian Lange reported that the city’s old Suburban had been sold for $3,000;
• Approving Welle’s participation in the Minnesota Clerks and Finance Officers Association conference April 22-26 in Brooklyn Center, at a total cost of about $1,000. Welle will be part of a three-year clerk certification program;
• Approving payment of bills in the amount of $18,420.15;
The Council will hold a work session Wednesday, April 17, at 4:30 at City Hall. Financial consultant David Drown will be invited.
The Board of Equalization meeting will be Friday, April 19, at 1 p.m. at the Upsala Fire Hall. To schedule an appointment, call (320) 632-0100.
The next regularly scheduled Upsala City Council meeting will be Monday, May 6, at 7 p.m. in the Upsala Fire Hall.