Other business that came before the Upsala School Board March 27 included:
• Extending congratulations to the the boys and girls basketball teams and coaches. “We have been receiving many compliments about their sportsmanship,” said Supt. Gery Arndt. “I can’t say enough about the support we’ve received from the community;”
• Discussing the rental of space in the lower level to Mid-State Education District’s Success Room program;
• Approving the hiring of Kara Poissant as yearbook adviser for the 2013-2014 school year;
• Approving donations of $250 from an anonymous source and $100 from Nelson Insurance for the girls basketball state tournament; $300 from an anonymous source and $100 from Nelson Insurance for the boys basketball state tournament; $1,600 from an anonymous source for the reading program and $200 from the Upstage Arts Board for visual arts; and
• Authorizing Arndt to purchase a 2013 white 10-passenger van to replace the old van which must be removed from service according to the most recent bus inspection.
The next regularly scheduled Board meeting will be Wednesday, April 24, at 7:30 p.m. in the high school media center.