Other business to come before the Upsala City Council Monday included:
• Tabling a decision on trading in the sewer jetting (cleaning) machine for a newer model from Flexible Pipe Tool Company of St. Joseph;
• Declining Culligan’s proposal to provide three water coolers to the city in lieu of bottled water;
• Authorized bids to be solicited for the repair of 80 feet of Tower Road;
• Approving a parade permit for Heritage Days, Saturday, Aug. 10;
• Approving the posting of notices regarding the availability of the city’s Consumer Confidence Report on the safety of the drinking water. The report and a water sample are available at the city office;
• Approving a permit for the Heritage Days fireworks presentation. Donations of $2,000 each were accepted from the Upsala American Legion and the Upsala Lions Club;
• Approving the installation of a drug disposal unit by the Morrison County Sheriff, like one recently put in by the city of Randall. The unit will cost about $700-$725, and will bolt securely to the floor;
• Holding a bill from Schlenner, Wenner for auditing services pending the receipt of a breakdown of costs; and
• Approving the payment of bills in the amount of $12,194.26.
The next Upsala City Council meeting will be Monday, Aug. 5 at 7 p.m. at the city office in the Fire Hall.